So now we know the relevancy of traffic and we want it. The traditional way of doing seo has always been generating a list of main top 15-20 keywords and optimizing the website for it. In the age of internet marketing and competition rising with every day, i think we need to rethink.
Why is Keyword Research Important?
Before i get down on how the keyword research should be actually done i would like to brief you up with why is it so important now.
- A good keyword research can give you an insight into what the user is actually typing to locate what he wants.
- Moving from the traditional model of 15-20 keywords to say a 500 keywords opens the funnel up for more traffic.
- With good keywords under your belt for your theme will give your website the LSI advantage also if you sucsessfully use it.
- It can also help you define a good link building campaign which is LSI driven.
- help you drive your PPC campaigns more effectively.
In short thats about why you need keyword research.
Traditional Sources for keyword digging.
If you ask anyone what are you using for keyword research you are bound to hear names like overture, word tracker and google adwords keywords research tools. But my question is that the end or just the begining.
How to do a sucsessful Keyword research?
This would need you to look a little more deeper, or under the skin. The tools that we just talked about above are restricted to only a max of 10 search engine from where the data is pulled up. There are tools like keyword discovery and others which give you data for more than 200 search engines.
Now we have more data, which needs to be processed in a fashion that its useful. Managing a list of 2000 keywords can be mind boggling. I will take you into an insight as to how you can manage this data effectively in my next article.